Author Topic: CoolBlue Condensing Unit  (Read 2431 times)

Cahoots5

• View Profile
CoolBlue Condensing Unit
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:03:03 am »
Wonder if there is information about the model # of the condensing unit used in the CoolBlue and others with the Danfoss BD35F compressor, it looks to be a Danfoss with condenser coil and refrigerant receiver and site glass??. I want to build my air cooled system as I have the cold plate installed in my boat at this point. thanks for you help Steve

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CoolBlue Condensing Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »
First you must make sure the evaporator tubing inside cold plate is not too large for a Danfoss BD compressor capacity. A quick check of evaporator's tubing OD as compared to compressor's  refrigerant return fitting will identify all tubing maximum size in evaporator and return line. This is true in all refrigeration units to insure velocity of flow will return oil to compressor. The Danfoss BD compressor return line is 1/4 in OD.

My 12/24 volt book has a short design section if you want to design and build a Danfoss powered refrigeration system. The components can be special ordered from refrigeration parts suppliers like United Refrigeration or if still in business wwwrparts.com.