Author Topic: Da floss control options  (Read 2646 times)

Ovive

• View Profile
Da floss control options
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:27:08 pm »
I am installing a new BD50 with flat plate evaporator and want to incorporate one of two energy management options. Option 1 is the SED00033AA from isotherm. Option #2 is the 101n0320 from Danfloss. Both appear to up the compressor rpm while the battery's are charging among other things. The Danfloss does a good job of explaining how it accomplishes this as well as other features. The isotherm not so much. I would like to hear your opinion on which devise would best lower my overall energy usage and if either has any issues I should know about. Oh it's a refrigerator only of 5.6 cubic feet and I have no solar, just the genset.

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Da floss control options
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:39:51 pm »
Speed control Isothern or Danfoss For BD50 compressor?

The Isotherm Automatic Speed Up unit Will not only run when a charging current is available it also increases compressor speed when box temperature is warm because it monitoring actual temperature.

The Danfoss AOE Module 101N0320 has a Radio Noise metal cover to reduce RF noise in other radios. It also controls compressor speed by thermostat cycle times. Each time compressor cycles off and on it will change speed up or down as needed. The Danfoss modules do not have an auto start up feature like the Isotherm ASU.

Both BD50 compressor systems still have a Danfoss module just different model.. From the standpoint of efficiency I can not see any difference. The start up feature of Isotherm’s unit to some might help over ride thermostat setting when charging current is present. When I tested the Isotherm unit in tropical conditions in a 6 cu ft box the ASU would not allow box temperature to reach a low of 35 degree F box temperature. There are Dip Switches to allow thermostat to over ride ASU but for some reason two different dealers and the US Intel would not provide information on dip switch settings.

I find trouble shooting more difficult and product support poor from Intel but if you have a local sharp mechanic either system will perform well. With the ASU you also need to know how to remove it if a part is needed to repair it. On units without the ASU parts are available most any where.

Ovive

• View Profile
Re: Da floss control options
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 08:07:22 am »
It seems the isotherm control requires quite a bit of fiddling with the dip switches to get it dialed in but I am leaning that way especially because since I am putting a new system together I can skip buying the regular t-stat thus offsetting the cost somewhat. Richard, thanks for providing your insight.